Commissioner, Gotham Police
Major Crimes Unit
James Gordon began his public tenure with his involvement in ending the Narrow Attack and was called to run the newly-founded Gotham Police Major Crimes Unit shortly after. He rose to the rank of Commissioner after the death of Commissioner Loeb. During that time, Gordon publicly denied having ties to the Batman, although extensively employing his aid to stop the Joker. However, after the fall of Harvey Dent, Gordon (and the GPD) admitted to having assisted Batman, but was forced to denounce him.
- The Gotham Times
- Letters to the Editor (issue 1)
- Major Crimes Unit Investigating Money-Wire Storefronts for Mob Ties
- The Back Page: Lamb Chops with Commissioner Loeb
- Operation Slipknot
- Maiden Avenue Report
- Gotham Cable News
- "Slipknot" on Fugitives Nabs Two "Smear Cops"
- Major Crimes Unit's Money Laundering Probe Examines Shadowy Network
- GPD Mourns Loss of Officer Glenn Barhyte
- Gotham Tonight